McDonald’s releases statement on South Street store shutdown
## ## LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) McDonald’s released a statement on Thursday after it shut down its South Street location near I 65 due to coronavirus earlier this week. According to the statement, the company said the restaurant was immediately closed after discovering workers tested positive for the illness.
The company said they will have a professional cleaning service sanitize the building in accordance with CDC guidelines. Workers who have been in close contact with employees who tested positive have been told to self quarantine for two weeks.
highest priority is to protect the health and well being of our people and community. We recently learned that employees at our South Street Lafayette restaurant have tested positive for the coronavirus.
As soon as we were notified of the confirmed cases, we immediately closed the restaurant and had a professional cleaning service conduct a thorough sanitization procedure in accordance with CDC guidelines as well as notified the Tippecanoe County Health Department. Additionally, we identified and reached out to any restaurant staff who had been in close contact with the employees who contracted the virus. These employees have been asked to self quarantine at home for 14 days to ensure they remain healthy before returning to work. We have been in contact with the employees and are providing support during this time. Our people are the heart and soul of the McDonald family and we keeping all of our employees in our thoughts during this time.
We have been conducting wellness checks and temperature checks before each shift to ensure our employees are healthy and feeling their best. We also provide gloves and masks to our employees and have installed protective barriers, in addition to adhering to social distancing guidelines and enhanced hygiene procedures.